Dry/senstive skin is a hard skintype. You need to find out what can sooth the dryness and leave it healty and glowing. Mostly there are two causes of dry skin one of them is lack of water and the other is lack of sebum. Here comes the tips:
- Use a milk cleanser to avoid trying your skin even more. Don't use soap because this containes harsher ingredients which strips the sebum away. By using oil based cleanser your skin will feel a lot softer and moisturized.
- Exfoliate your skin when it starts peeling. Use a gentle scrub for this.
- Moisturize your skin at least twice a day, in the morning and evening, or whenever you feel your skin needs moisture. By doing this there will be a balance.
- Increase your water intake by drinking atleast 8 bottles of water a day! You can build this up to get used to it.
- Use a sunscreen to protect your skin from damageing factors.
Proper skin care at night is very important. Because at night your skin will 'heal'. Around 23.30 your skin is preparing for the 'healing' process so if you can wash your face before this time. You skin will feel much better.
- Cleanse your face every night before going to bed. Remove any traces off makeup bu using a makeup remover and a mild cleanser
- Use a toner to get the dirt the cleanser couldn't get off. This will make your skin cleaner and hella smooth!
- Apply a moisturizing cream and allow it to sink into your skin by using a massageroller special made for the skin (The bodyshop has one)